Cell Therapy | Advantages
The evolution of therapeutics from small molecules to macromolecular biologics has significantly improved modern medicine’s ability to treat complex diseases
- Unique mechanism of action — Our technology augments the body's ability to heal itself. For example, GBT 009 secretes a variety of pro-regenerative growth factors and cytokines which help to repair damaged tissue and reverse the disease process. Once GBT 009 has served its regenerative purpose, it does not continue to be present in the body.
- Non-immunogenic — Based on human data available to date, GBT 009 is non-immunogenic. Preclinical data suggest that GBT 009 may inhibit immune-cell proliferation and activation, resulting in a suppression of autoimmune response.
- Non-differentiating cells —Unlike other cellular therapies, especially stem cell therapies, which have a propensity to differentiate into numerous tissue types, the risk of GBT 009 developing into undesirable foreign tissue is very remote. In the course of the proprietary Garnet BioTherapeutics’ manufacturing process, GBT 009 cells lose the ability to differentiate, resulting in a product that is homogeneous, pure and consistent. This is supported by data from numerous preclinical studies.
- Efficient Production — Garnet BioTherapeutics has developed a manufacturing process that enables the production of GBT 009 to produce potentially billions of doses and to supply the entire predicted marketplace for one or more indications using cells from a single human donor. This method ensures consistency of the product, offering a significant advantage over competitive therapies which require the use of cells derived from dozens, if not hundreds, of discrete donors.
- Multiple therapeutic applications —Rather than targeting a single receptor or protein -which only addresses a single component of disease – GBT 009 has the ability to secrete multiple therapeutically active cytokines to regulate complex biologic processes such as immunity, inflammation and tissue regeneration. Our proprietary technology allows us to produce these cells efficiently and in large quantities for evaluation as medical therapies in numerous clinical applications.